Corned Beef & Cheddar Panini
We were trying to decide on what to make for lunch on St Patrick’s Day. Being on a Sunday this year, and we usually make Panini’s for lunch, we decided to try an Irish inspired creation. After a quick trip to the local deli, we picked up some shaved corned beef, a fresh loaf of whole wheat crusty bread and some aged cheddar. The creation tasted great and was a hit with the kids. Tell us what you think of this recipe, or what you changed with the recipe to make it your own.
Corned Beef & Cheddar Panini Recipe
- 8 slices of fresh crusty bread (whole wheat or sour dough works well)
- soft butter or margarine as spread
- 200g – 250g shaved corned beef
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb old cheddar cheese shredded
- shredded cooked cabbage (optional)
- Spread butter or margarine on one side of each slice of bread.
- Turn bread over so butter side down, then sprinkle a layer of cheese on bread.
- Pile shaved corned beef on bread, then sprinkle more cheese on top of beef, then cap with slice of bread butter side up.
- Place assembled sandwich in heated Panini pan and cook on medium high until cheese melted and bread is crusty.
- Slice in half, and serve hot.
Enjoy with your favourite stout or cream ale.